Thursday, August 13, 2015

Woman spots Ghostly Bishop after Cathedral visit

A woman who took a picture of a shadowy figure in a cathedral believes she might have captured the ghost of a bishop.

Kerry Launders, 29, photographed the stunning interiors of Norwich Cathedral, Norfolk, during day out with her partner Simon Tobb, 30, and her children, Millie, two, and Oscar, one, last month.

But it was not until she looked back at the mobile phone images that she spotted what appears to be a man, dressed in long robes and a tall hat, staring down from a balcony above.

And it is not the first time something spooky has been seen at the 11th century cathedral. The Gothic grade-I listed building is a stop-off point on a number of ghost tours around the area.

Ms Launders, from Bury, Greater Manchester said: 'I was just taking photos of the arch on my camera and that was that. There was nothing up there.
'But when I look back through my photos I saw something and had a proper look and I thought "wow" this is a good picture.

'I looks like a bishop - and there are a lot of those buried there - with the long clothing and the tall hat. I wasn't scared when I saw it though because I believe in this sort of stuff.' 

Visitors to the cathedral have also reported seeing ghostly figures in the Church of England spired building.  

No comments: